European Parliament Grants for European Elections 2024
The European Parliament (EP) announces grants in the area of communications to advance public awareness of the European Parliament's role in our lives delivering democracy, increase civic participation and mobilise voters in the European Elections 2024 (EE24).
The European Parliament (EP) is pleased to announce grants in the area of communications to advance public awareness of the European Parliament's role in our lives delivering democracy, increase civic participation and mobilise voters in the European Elections 2024 (EE24).
The EP is seeking proposals to fund communication projects by national non-profit organisations, as well eligible members of the together.eu network, that aim to mobilise voters for the European Elections 2024 (EE24) and increase public awareness of the EP's role in democracy. Engagement grants of between €5,000 and €60,000 will co-finance projects that deepen connections with communities and involve citizens in the voting process. To be selected for funding, projects must improve the culture around participative democracy, bring individuals and organisations together (via together.eu communities), and empower citizens to vote in EE24.
Deadline: 28 September 2023
THE CALL LINK
The EP is giving out grants for two reasons:
- to help citizens understand the EP's role (delivery phase = democracy in action) AND
- to encourage voting in EE24 (democracy phase = voting).
Two types of applicants:
- National non-profit organisations OR
- non-profit legal persons (“change-makers” aka lead together.eu community members).
Two action categories:
- Civil society engagement actions (max €60.000 per project), EP total foreseen: €3.1M
- Engagement actions by change-makers (between €5.000-15.000), EP total: €0.8M
• Applicants can make multiple applications but will only be successful once.
• The projects should be finished by June 30, 2024 and will last 10 months max.
• Grants will range from €5.000 to €60.000 and will support actions that build civic education, connect with communities (together.eu), and get more people to vote.
Call opening: 17 May 2023
Deadline for submission: 28 September 2023 (17:00 CET)
Evaluation: October-November 2023
Information on evaluation results: December 2023
Grant agreement signature: January 2024
• Projects should be non-partisan, communicate the role of the EP and empower citizens (change-makers) to advocate on the importance of voting, take action through voting, and ultimately, increase participation in the EE24.
• Projects are expected to mobilise grass-root organisations and active citizens (change-makers) through training, workshops, competitions, university initiatives, quizzes, social media campaigning and other formats of active civic engagement. They are also expected to change the culture around participative democracy and bring more individuals (especially young people) and organisations into together.eu
• Once awarded, grant beneficiaries will need to submit their organisation’s profile, campaigns and events in the together.eu platform. All activities organised will need to become publicly available content of the together.eu platform. The EP will publish and update regularly on together.eu all the EE24 communication assets and will encourage grant beneficiaries to download them https://together.eu/
Further information and helpful guides for applicants
Applicants are invited to read this call for proposals and its annexes, as well as:
 Individuals aged 15 - 29 years old.